The Corona Virus has altered life as we know it, but stressing about our current situation will do more harm than good. Here are 5 things all boss babes can do to remain sane during these trying times.
1. You can start a blog and write about what your experience is like during this pandemic. You can use word press or other blog sites to get started. You can also use Instagram as a blog and show pictures with long captions. Your everyday routine might just be what someone needs to get through each day.
2. You can learn how to cook or bake. There are lots of Youtube videos that show how to make different dishes. All you have to do is search for a recipe that includes ingredients that you already have in your pantry. For example, my husband and I used to select a different country every week, then we would research different recipes indigenous to that country and buy ingredients for those dishes. we would then go ahead and make a few of these dishes for dinner. It was quite fun and interesting. So far we have made dishes from the Middle Eastern regions, Chinese, Jamaican and Italian cultures.
3. You can start a business. Many Americans have gotten or will get a stimulus check from the government or even if you had a little money saved up you too can become your own boss. There are many platforms that support this. For example, Shopify is a widely used platform with drop-shippers in corroboration with Ali Express, where you really don’t have to buy products or have any inventory at all. The suppliers will ship the products to your customers. So Just create your store, add products you want to sell with Oberlo and start selling. There are lots of Youtube videos to help you get your eCommerce business of the ground.
4. You can start gardening. If you are a plant lover this is right up your alley. Because of the pandemic our grocery stores are running out of some things that we need. What about growing your own herbs and a few vegetables? My husband has recently taken up gardening. He bought seeds of various herbs and vegetables and has been doing this right in our dining room and kitchen because we live in a state that doesn’t have too much warmth for most of the year. We are both excited to see if his crops will grow and even if some don’t grow, it will be a great experience and something that kept him occupied in his free time while working from home.
5. You can get into a fitness routine at home. If you are like me then you don’t normally go to the gym, but since we are at home eating all these snacks then it is a good idea to get into a healthy lifestyle by working out. The other day I found a HIIT workout on Youtube and could only manage to do 5 minutes before giving up from being tired, but it’s a start. I also walked up and down our apartment stairs too. I just need to be more consistent. This can only be a win win situation because our bodies will be popping when this shelter in place is over. I should note that it is perfectly fine to be home and not do anything during this time. Resting and resetting yourself is totally fine too. You can watch Netflix, play board games and just chill out. What are some of the things you have been doing to stay busy during this quarantine. Comment below. xoxo